|Posted by Arbo on April 1, 2014 at 9:55 AM||comments (2)|
The entry forms for the April 26-27 rodeos are now available online. They are in the dropdown menu below the rodeo dates page, or by clicking on the individual dates on the rodeo dates page. Please pay attention to the deadlines posted on the entry forms.
|Posted by Arbo on March 20, 2014 at 10:10 AM||comments (0)|
The Benton Areaa Rodeo Association has asked me to pass along that they will be having try-outs for The Benton Rodeo Chicks Team on April 2nd from 6-8PM, and on April 6 from 12-2PM. If you may be interested, you can show up at the rodeo grounds during those times.
|Posted by Arbo on November 4, 2013 at 2:00 PM||comments (2)|
Just a few updates from the board of directors...
Early in the season, we opened a suggestion box page on the web-site. We always welcome input from the members. We have discussed all of your suggestions at our meetings, and some of them have been implemented. We will be discussing rule book amendments at our next meeting, and some of your suggestions will be taken into consideration then. If your suggestion has not been implemented, it is because the board of directors has decidied that it is not feasible at this time. Thanks for the input!
The annual banquet has been scheduled for Saturday, February 1, 2014. Stay tuned for updates about the banquet. We will be using an electronic registration for the banquet which will be very similar to the rodeo entry forms.
|Posted by Arbo on October 29, 2013 at 12:40 AM||comments (0)|
The final points for the 2013 season have been posted. Please review them and if you have any questions or concerns about the accuracy, you should contact Lisa Poust directly.
Congratulations to all our competitors!!!
I hope that everyone had a wonderful season! Overall, I think that things went really well. I would like to thank everyone for the continued support of KJRA. We are again looking at dates in February for the banquet. We will let you know as soon as we have that date nailed down!
Have a great fall!
Todd Arbogast President, KJRA
|Posted by Arbo on October 6, 2013 at 1:00 PM||comments (1)|
On the weekend of October 19-20, Zeb Harrison will be hosting a benefit horse show for the Carrie Martin Foundation and the Lisa Moyer family. You can click HERE to view the flyer outlining the activities planned for the weekend.
Let's help Zeb with his senior project. It sounds like a fun weekend!
|Posted by Stefanie on October 4, 2013 at 4:15 PM||comments (1)|
OK here is a more detailed list, just to make things Clear about this weekend since we have a lot going on.
1. We will be having another pot-luck dinner IMMEADIATLY following the rodeo. There will be BBQ Chicken 1/2 or 1/4 to purchase for the low price of $5.00 (provided by the George family for only the price of the chicken and not the supplies or time) Please bring a covered dish and come enjoy each others company (drinks, plates, and eaten wear will be provided)
2. We would like to have a idea of how much chicken to make so please let Charlene (570-765-8091) or my self (570-765-2056) know by Monday 10/7
3. We will be doing our annual trick or treat festivities again this year but we will be holding it in the arena area.
4. Prizes will be given out by queen and princess for different catorgies
5. To include the whole family in the festivities we are asking you to bring a table along to set your candy up on to the arena and decorate it. There will be prizes for this as well (again not mandated)
6. To show our support to all the survivors and those still battling cancer we will be wearing pink on Sunday ( this is kinda like a tough enough to wear pink kinda day but not. There are no funds being raised it is just to show our support and to honor or remember someone)
7. Lastly as always we would like to get a group pic of everyone and also pic's of queen, princess, and pivots so... please be ready Sat. morn by 9:30 up at the arena we will do this as quickly as possible (Key word Quickly )
Any comments concerns or questions please feel free to contact me. Can't wait to see you all there and I look forward to a fun filled fall weekend
|Posted by Arbo on August 27, 2013 at 1:55 PM||comments (0)|
In response to a question about photos from this season.
The photos on this web page...
are posted by members for members.
Please feel free to add some. We all enjoy seeing them. As for other photos, please see the information below that has been posted earlier in the season repeatedly....
I have uploaded the pictures taken at the rodeo to my shutterfly site. The pictures can be viewed at: Gallery URL:
The password is: KJRA2013 (case specific)
The pics are organized by event and the May pics are Weekend 2. Bull Riders: I did not get any bull riding pics from May but I do have pics from June that I hope to get posted in the next few days. Although I took many pics, only a fraction make it to the site as I won't post a picture that I don't feel is of good quality. All profits from the sale of pictures go back to KJRA. While it may seem expensive, the Digital Download is really a great bargain. You dowload the original digital file to your computer and then you can get the prints made at a site of your choosing. You then actually own the photo & can post to websites or social media--anything you want to do with it. KJRA benefits $4.96 from each digital download.
|Posted by Arbo on August 20, 2013 at 8:15 AM||comments (0)|
SATURDAY, AUGUST 24 7:00
Stage at Benton Rodeo Grounds
|Posted by Arbo on August 19, 2013 at 9:50 AM||comments (0)|
The entries for next weekends rodeo are now officially closed. The entry forms for the October rodeos are now available online.
There will be a dance after the rodeo on Saturday evening, August 24. Put on your dancing boots, take off your spurs, and have a little fun.
Election of board members will take place at the August rodeo. When you sign in and pay entry fees on Saturday morning, please pick up a ballot. One ballot per family please, and you will vote for up to three names on the ballot.
A reminder to those trying out for Queen, Princess, and Pivot squad. Please be prepared to take part in grand entry on both Satuday and Sunday morning. This is your opportunity to shine, so put on those smiles, girls!
|Posted by Arbo on August 12, 2013 at 9:05 AM||comments (0)|
The horsemanship patterns for the Queen, Princess, and Pivot Squad tryouts has been posted to the website. You may access it by clicking this link...
It is not too late to sign up for tryouts. If you would like to try ou, please contact Stefanie. Her contact ifo is below.
Tryouts will be immediately following the rodeo on Saturday, 8/25/2013.
Thanks, and good luck girls!